Hot water heaters have a decent life span, however, even with the best maintenance, they are not meant to last forever. Your hot water heater is one of your hardest working appliances and it’s best to replace it before it stops functioning – no one likes to be caught with no hot water for bathing or cooking!
Here are some questions to help you decide if a water heater replacement is in your immediate future:
- How old is your hot water heater? Many hot water heaters can last up to 10 to 15 years. If your heater is in that age range, it’s time to start considering a new unit in order to avoid potential problems.
- Is your hot water heater providing less hot water than it used to? A decline in the amount of available hot water is a sign that your unit is in decline.
- Are your energy bills going up? As your water heater ages and declines in efficiency, it will begin using more energy in order to heat your water leading to increased energy bills despite normal usage.
- Is your water heating showing signs of rust or corrosion? Like any metal appliance, rust and corrosion will occur as your unit ages. A replacement unit is the best solution.
- Are you looking to upgrade your unit? Technology changes rapidly and your 10 year old hot water heater may not provide you all the benefits of a newer unit. Consider shopping around and reviewing your options such as the new energy efficient tankless units.
Reliant Plumbing is here to help you with all of your plumbing needs. From inspections, plumbing emergencies, or water heater replacements, our professional team is here to provide you with the highest quality plumbing services in the greater Austin area.