If you’re like most homeowners, your sewer line is something you rarely think about unless there’s a major issue. How do you know if your sewer line is healthy or if you need sewer repair?
Here are some things to look for to help you determine if you need sewer repair before a major plumbing emergency occurs:
- Do you have soggy patches in your yard? Since your sewer line runs under your yard and into your house, a leak can mean water in your yard and soggy patches.
- Do you have large trees with deep roots in your yard? Tree roots commonly invade sewer pipes through the joints and cause extensive damage to your sewer line. If you have large trees in your backyard, it’s important to keep an eye on your sewer line to make sure that it is not being damaged by roots.
- Is there a sewer odor around your property? If you smell sewer odor in your house or yard, this in a good indication that you have a leaking sewer line and need immediate repairs done by a professional plumber.
- Are your drains clogging? All of the drains in your house connect to your sewer line. If multiple drains in your house are clogging, this is an indication that there is a clog further down the line. A professional plumber can help you determine if the clog is in your sewer line and help you determine the best way to make repairs.
- Are you noticing extremely lush patches in your yard? If there are parts of your yard where the grass and plants are growing faster than the rest of the yard, this could be due to the extra water they are receiving from a sewer line leak.
If you suspect that you have a sewer leak, contact the experienced team at Reliant Plumbing.