For many homeowners with a concrete slab foundation, leaks under the slab can seem like a nightmare. If you have leaks under your foundation, it’s vital that they get identified and repaired as soon as possible in order to avoid structural damage to your home. While slab leaks can be difficult to identify and locate, at Reliant Plumbing, our team of experienced plumbers specialize in slab leak detection and repair.
Since it’s impossible for you to look under your foundation to see if you have leaks, here are some telltale signs that might help you determine if you have slab foundation leak:
- Do you have cracks? As the water from a leak causes your foundation to shift, you may begin to notice cracks in your walls, floors, or ceiling.
- Is there a musty odor in your home? Standing water from a leak under your foundation will cause a musty odor and allow the growth of mildew an potentially dangerous mold.
- Are there hot spots on your floor? If some areas of your floor feel warmer than others this could indicate that a hot water pipe is leaking or broken.
- Do you quickly run out of hot water? If there is a leak under your home’s foundation, it will pull water away from your main system causing you to have less hot water than before.
- Do you hear running water even when the water is not in use? If you hear running water sounds in your pipes, this indicates that water is moving towards a damaged area and leaking out.
- Is your water bill higher than normal? This is one of the easiest ways to determine if you have a leak. If you water bill is higher than normal without increased usage, you likely have a leak.
If you are concerned about slab foundation leaks, contact the team at Reliant Plumbing and let us help you get your plumbing back to normal.