Plumbing problems can lead to expensive damage and costly repairs. However, even when your plumbing seems to be working well, there are some simple things you can do to help maintain your plumbing system and to save money on your water bill.
Here are 6 easy ways to save money on your monthly water bill:
- Is your toilet flushing properly? If there are worn or faulty parts on your toilet, replace them right away. This will help it function properly saving you water.
- Are your drains fitted with strainers? Adding strainers to every drain can help keep hair and other particles from building up in your pipes leading to nasty clogs. Save time and money by avoiding clogs before they happen with drain strainers.
- What is the temperature on your hot water heater? Make sure that your hot water heater is set no higher than 120 degrees in order to save on heating costs and to keep your family safe from hot water burns at sinks and in the tub.
- Have you had your sewer line inspected recently? Ensuring that your sewer line is not clogged or obstructed will help you maintain your system, catch any damages early, and ultimately save you on water costs and possible repairs.
- Are your faucets dripping? A dripping faucet can waste a significant amount of water and lead to higher water bills. Check your faucets for drips and make sure to look under the sink for possible leaks.
- When was the last time your drains were cleaned? Drains can become filled with particle build up over time decreasing their effectiveness. Ensure that your drains are cleaned regularly.
At Reliant Plumbing we are here to help with all of your plumbing issues and emergencies including sewer repair. If you are in need of plumbing help, contact our team today.